The N.S.S. has been introduced in this college since 2015 to inculate the science of nation building, social responsibility, dignity of labour, development of youth leadership and above all a disciplined life among the students.
At present, the college is having only male N.S.S. units. It consists of 50 valunters.
Objectives of the N.S.S.
The overall objective of the N.S.S is “Service to the community.” The motto is “NOT ME BUT YOU”. Its goal is to have “Education through community service and community service through education.”
There are two types of programmes taken up by the N.S.S.
(a) Regular activity (b) Special camp activity. An N.S.S. student volunter must have to work at least 120 hours in a year, Out of which 20 hours can be used on the first year for orientation programme in following manner.
General Orientation 2 hrs.
Special Orientation 8 hrs.
Programme Skill Learning 10 hrs.
The N.S.S. Committee
It is consisted of the principal as the Chairman, the N.S.S. Officer and the student representatives who are the leaders of the student teams working on different projects.
It is the Chief Policy determining and programme approving body of all N.S.S. activities in the college.
The desirous students may apply to the principal on or before a stipulated date as notified in a prescribed application form for the selection. The student volunteers will be selected by the N.S.S. Committee.
Each volunteer is expected to attend the weekend camps and one special camp, besides attending the inter-state camps. A minimum of 75% attendance is obligatory certificates are issued to the deserving volunteers on the basis of their outstanding performance.
Code of Conduct for the N.S.S. Volunteers:
1. A volunteer should work under the guidance of a programme officer and group leader.
2. He should abide by all the rules and discipline.
3. He must respect the view of others and make himself worthy of confidence of the community where he works.
4. The dress, diet and disposition should be as simple as possible during his work as a volunteer.
5. Non-violent and peaceful methods should be adopted by them for the solution of any problem.