College Academic Council
The College Academic Council consists of the principal as the Chairman, the Academic Bursar as the convenor and all the Heads of the Departments as members.
- The Objective of the council is to suggest measures for achieving academic excellence in all faculties of studies by way of providing quality education to the students.
- It contacts persons of eminence in different fields and invites them to deliver lectures for the benifit of the students and the staff.
- It advises all the departments to organise departmental seminars regularly involving students.
- It prepares plan of action for organising meetings and awareness campaigns under extension activities involving students, the staff and the local people.
- The council meets on the last week of every month to assess the progress of different departments and recommends the concerned HODs to verify the progress made by the individual lecturer and suggests necessary steps to be taken for the completion of courses by the stipulated time.
- The council looks after the proper engagement of class and the maintenance of the academic atmosphere inside the college.
The Examination Committee is constituted by the principal for the smooth conduct of the examinations of the college and the University.
- The Committee decides the probable dates of the test examinations to be conducted by the college in consultation with the college Academic Council.
- The Committee discharges the function of the printing of question papers for the college examinations and of matters relating to the evaluation of answer scripts, tabulation work and despatch of progress reports of the students to their parents or guardians.
- Besides the college examinations, the Examination Committee also monitors the University Examinations through various mechanism like gate-checking and hall-checking at regular intervals by the squad members.
College Development Council
The College Development Council consists of the principal as the Chairman, the Vice-Principal as the vice-chairman and all the bursars and two senior lecturers as members.
- It sits twice a year to discuss the academic and infrastructural development and suggests measures for the overall development of the college.
- As the most important committee of the college, it has power to supervise the work of different committees and co-operate their activities for the smooth functioning of the college under the guidance of the principal.
The Library Committee is formed by the principal in every academic session.
- The members of the committee assess the stock position and the requirement of the library.
- The annual purchase of books from the college development fund is decided in the meeting of the Library Committee.
- It recommends the titles of text books and reference books, journals and magazines to be purchased keeping view the requirements of the staff and the students.
- It supervises and regulates the functioning of library and proper utilisation of library funds.
The purchase Committee Comprises of five members including Accounts Bursar and the Administrative Bursar of the college. The principal is the ex-officio chairman of the committee.
- The Overall functioning of the committee is to consider the requirements of the college during each session.
- It invites quotations and place orders for the purchase of various items for the college.
- It considers all the quotations by making comparative statements and decides to place order to the qualified firm, taking into account the quality and the cost of the products.
- The committee verifies if the supplied items are as per the given specifications and on being satisfied it, recommends to the Accounts section for payment to the concerned firms.
The Construction Committee consists of five members with the principal as the Chairman.
- The committee sits at the beginning of the session to undertake the plans for any construction in the college or extension of the existing class rooms.
- It also takes up the repairing and maintenance work for the existing structures as and when necessary.
- Emphasis is made for the use of quality materials as per the advice of the technical expert.
Grievance Redressal Cell
It consists of the principal, the vice-principal, the Administrative Bursar and one senior member of the staff.
- The purpose of the cell is to investigate the genuine grievances of the students, guardians and staff members of the college and give suggestion to the principal for proper redressal.
The students in general are allowed to put forth their grievances in writing in connection with their academic needs and the library requirements.
The guardians are allowed to meet the principal between 3 to 4 p.m. everyday with the problems of their wards, if any, in the college. They are advised to submit the grievances in writing whenever necessary.
The members of the staff have the freedom of submitting their grievance to the principal for the redressal of their personal and professional problems.
The Publication Committee consists of four members : One from each Departments of English, Odia, Sanskrit and one member from the Science faculty.
- The Committee undertakes the printing of the college Magazine “Shukabhadra”, the college calendar, the prospectus of the college, the admission forms and other required documents of the college.
- The Principal Supervises the function of the said committee.
The College Admission Committee consists of the peincipal as the Chairman. A senior lecturer of the college is nominated by the principal as member secretary. One senior lecturer from each faculty is nominated by the principal. six members of the staff are nominated by the principal representing all the faculties as Admission Officers for respective faculties.
- To formulate the general principle of admission.
- To prepare and publish the Admission forms and prospectus for Admission.
- To call for applications, fix up the date for submission of application and date of admission.
- To conduct admission as per rules laid down.
- To interpret the rules of admission.